Πηγή: careerfuel.net, by
A well-written resume aligned properly with your career goals will enhance your chances of getting interviews. It should demonstrate your skills, achievements, and what you potentially offer a company in a concise and influential manner.
Developing an effective online LinkedIn profile is also an important aspect to your job search – and key to your career success. It’s essential to have an updated profile while you’re on the job hunt, and it should be kept current as you progress along your career path … even while you’re happily employed.
Your resume should work WITH your LinkedIn profile – and vice versa. When done right, the combination will make you stand out among other candidates in competition for a position.
LinkedIn is a professional social networking tool that reaches far beyond a simple job board. Use it to:
1) Connect directly with peers and mentors
2) Increase your visibility with recruiters and hiring managers
3) Follow companies in your industry and keep tabs on companies you admire
4) Communicate with other like-minded individuals and thought leaders
5) Increase awareness of conferences, webinars, meetups and other means to improve your professional skill set
6) And, of course, search for jobs
A powerful resume enhanced with a tailored LinkedIn profile is a surefire way to convince employers that you are the best candidate.
What makes your LinkedIn profile stand out? Here are a few tips.
What’s In a Headline?
Most sections within your LinkedIn profile have character limitations – make every word count! The LinkedIn Headline allows 120 characters, and it should be a brief powerful statement that tells YOUR professional story.
Focus on YOU – and use keywords showcasing your industry expertise or personal branding. By default this section is set to your current job title and company name … change it!