Athens, Attiki, Greece
AnyRoad is a fast-moving, travel technology start-up, based in San Francisco and currently growing mostly in Greece, with offices in Athens and Chania. We provide booking solutions designed to help local business owners around the globe, thrive and grow. We are working together to transform the way people travel and the way that professional tourist guides and small companies operate around the globe. We work hard, laugh hard, and support thousands of travelers on a daily basis in more than 100 countries.
Working with AnyRoad
We are a team of A-level professionals who love what they do, learn new things every day and enjoy teamwork. We are dispersed in both sides of the Atlantic but stay closely connected. We are fast but not rushed. Professional but not corporate.
Our core product is AnyGuide. With a clear strategy regarding features and selling points, our next step is to guarantee a flawless product by polishing-up UX detail, improving performance and solidifying ease-of-use. This involves architectural changes and big refactorings.
Our current stack is Ruby on Rails, Postgresql and Elasticsearch on the back-end and React.js with Sass on the front-end (client and server-side rendered). We write in ES6 and build our assets with Gulp and Webpack. Our apps are fully responsive.
We are looking forward to team up with a passionate developer who’s big on following best practices to produce quality code. We want your help with code architecture decisions as well as with processes’ improvement.
On a daily basis you will:
– Ensure our product meets the needs of our users. No over-engineering
– Prototype, test, refactor. Repeat
– Architect and implement solutions from designer’s mockups to deployment
– Give and receive code reviews
– Collaborate with experienced and talented engineers
– Pair-program at will
We are looking for someone who is:
– A team-player and shows respect for each member’s uniqueness.
– Modest and helpful. Rockstars belong to the concert stages!
– Highly skilled in Object Oriented programming
– Experienced in developing for the modern web
– Strong in relational databases
– Able to acknowledge the value of Test Driven Development and write high quality code
– Familiar with at least one client-side MV* framework
– Fluent in English
Nice to have:
– Proven knowledge in designing and implementing APIs
– Interest in following latest developments in both back-end and front-end engineering
– Ease in turning designs into HTML/CSS
– Code samples
– Experience working in a multi-national company and across multiple locations
– Top of the market salary
– Work on a public-facing product that matters to thousands of users from across the world
– Freedom to choose your base; Athens, Chania or move around!
– Official time for passion project
– Flexible working schemes
– Opportunities to attend international conferences
– Two yearly offsites with entire company
– Discount to all AnyGuide bookings
– $200 yearly employee tour coupon
– Stock options