Seismos Inc., a pioneer provider of real-time subsurface imaging for the oil and gas industry, headquartered in Austin, Texas, is looking for highly motivated and talented employees to join the software development team.
Candidates should be able to perform in an agile, fast-pace environment, collaborating closely with the expanded team and developers in our Athens and Austin offices.
- Work with datasets to identify trends.
- Use machine learning/AI for predictive analysis.
- Analyze “Big Data”.
- Provide back-end support for customers’ data.
- Imports/exports of raw/field data AND imports/exports customer data.
- Adjust data model, measurements conversions, geophysical data conversions, propagate changes.
- Maintain Web-APIs.
- Data QC.
- Display data in tabular and map format on the web.
- Expand on front end displays and interactions as specified and required.
- Display the results of analytics -both data and predictive- in an easy to understand format.
- Sound knowledge of Spark, Hadoop, Map-Reduce, neural networks, distributed computing on IaaS platforms.
- Angular.JS, Means.JS, Node.JS, HTML5/ CSS, Leaflet.JS.
- Strong knowledge of Firebase, NoSQL databases, Web APIs, Java, Angular.JS, Means.JS, Node.JS, HTML5/ CSS, Leaflet.JS, Python.
- Solid background with D3.js, Charting in Python and Java.
- Extensive experience in data visualizations.
- Graduate level degree in Applied Math or Computer Science.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience.
- Desired but not mandatory: Understanding of the Oil and Gas industry. Experience with Geophysical type of data. Signal processing experience.
Candidate must want to work in a high energy, highly challenging, well-funded start-up company environment, where the pace is fast, and everyone must wear multiple hats. In exchange, you would be getting in on the ground floor of a very exciting opportunity.
If this position is of interest to you and matches your background and career needs, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please send your CV to: