Career In Progress, is a Career Management & Recruiting Company that offers boutique services for businesses across Greece.
On behalf of our Partner, a not-for-profit enterprise that researches, designs and implements practical project-based solutions to our global plastic pollution crisis, we are looking for an experienced Country Director for Greece, with a recognised track record in tackling plastic pollution.
Our Partner is a social enterprise that acts as a catalyst and investor in solutions to eliminate plastic pollution in our ocean. Specific focus is on understanding industry standards in quality and governance to design out the polymers, materials and systems that contribute most significantly to plastic polluting the environment.
Your primary role to take over two projects with the potential to transform the country’s plastic pollution crisis and you will also work to expand operations across Mediterranean islands and coastal communities.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the development of a strategy and plans and provide oversight to strengthen and evolve strong partnerships across the region.
- Support and influence governments to develop new strategies, action plans and policies, including Deposit Return Schemes (DRS), Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) and improvements in the handling and storage of waste via strong technical expertise and capacity
- Develop, plan, design, maintain and implement policies and programs that enhance the organization’s strategy, relations with the community, the public, government and regulatory authorities.
- Keep track record of successfully directing the delivery of pilot projects that reduce plastic waste in the environment and drive a circular economy.
- Involve regular travel, both supporting the team on Paros island and securing agreements across other Greek Islands and coastal towns.
- Active networks with the key actors across the Greek plastics value chain, including government, Hellenic Recovery Recycling Corporation (HE.R.R.Co) and members.
- Proven capacity as a leader with at least 5+ years’ work experience in topics related tο international policy, business, circular design, waste management and engineering education.
- Deep technical understanding of plastic production, consumption, circular economy and waste management systems in Greece and abroad.
- MSc level education in a related topic
- Previous success in supporting the long-term viability of the projects you have worked on through securing public and private finance.
- Fluent in Greek and English
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships
- Strong project management systems for planning, delivering and evaluating projects for clearly measurable impact
- Solid organizational and coordination skills
Please send your Resume with a Cover Letter strictly in English at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference: (Country_Director)